The 2022 Ilchester Cheese Advent Calendar is here! This is perfect for the cheese lover. The Advent Calendar contains 24 sealed pieces of cheese for each day of the month of December leading up to Christmas. Each piece of cheese is 20 grams. You can purchase this here on our online store.
This year’s scrumptious selection:
- Ilchester Cheddar with Apple, Onion and Sage – A versatile and uniquely flavored British Cheddar, carefully blended for a well-rounded deliciously sweet Apple flavor, with scrumptious savory notes from the onion and aromatic sage. Pairs perfectly with turkey and cranberry sauce.
- Applewood – A real English treasure, Applewood is made in the West Country from British cheddar and has a delicate smoky flavor and a lovely smooth texture, with a sprinkling of paprika for good measure.
- Applewood Vintage PDO Aged for 12 months – This delicious cheese is made from traditional hand-turned British Farmhouse Cheddar. It has a delicate smoky flavor with an exquisitely smooth, rich creaminess that melts in the mouth. Creamy yellow in color, with a sprinkling of paprika.
- Ilchester Mature Cheddar – Ilchester’s Cheddar is made in the West Country, close to where Cheddar originated in the Mendip Hills. Take a bite and let the creaminess melt into your mouth, with its earthy tangy notes.
- Ilchester Vintage PDO Cheddar – Carefully matured, this cheddar is made in the West Country near the Mendip Hills. With a drier texture to standard cheddar due to the maturing process, you may be lucky to discover some calcium crystals which add crunch to the texture.
- Ilchester Double Gloucester – This is a hard cheese with a savory, mellow flavor. You may know it as the famous cheese that is rolled down Coopers Hill annually in May for the UK’s most extreme cheese rolling race!
- Ilchester Red Leicester – Smooth and nutty! Add a splash of color to your cheese board with this traditional English cheese, based on a classic Cheddar recipe.
- Ilchester Aged Red Leicester – This traditional English cheese has been carefully matured for a minimum of 9 months giving it a distinguishable smooth, tangy and nutty taste.
- Mexicana – This cheese combines a fiery mix of bell, jalapeño and chilli peppers, carefully blended with British Cheddar and a secret mix of Mexican spices.